Some models of desktop computers and laptops are not equipped with CD or DVD drives and it is recommended to use a USB flash drive to install operating system. The main question is how to write the operating system to a USB drive.
Bootable USB flash drive is created using Rufus in few clicks.
Official site offers versions:
If you want to make one-time use functionality for uploading image to a flash drive, you can download the Portable version and record the operating system.
If you plan to use the tool more than once, it is recommended that you choose the installation version of Rufus, which provides automatic updates.
Remember that only in updated and current version fixed all bugs and full functions are available.
Program interface and getting started
The interface is very simple, all settings and features are located in the main window and available at startup.
To create a bootable device with operating system are required:
- Computer with Windows OS;
- Rufus Program;
- USB flash drive larger than 4 Gb;
- Bootable disk image, for example ISO.
The program supports multi-language. It is available in English, German, French, Russian and other languages, which simplifies development and work with it.
Using basic parameters the user sets the boot device, settings, file system, allocation unit size, and volume label.
The entire process of creating a bootable drive is logging, record transactions, you can view it by opening Journal.
- Simply and comfort create bootable disc in a few clicks;
- Absolutely free;
- There is no need to install additional software components;
- Friendly interface, which is easy to understand even for user without experience;
- Support settings for advanced users;
- Multi-language. Interface, help and support on an available language.